Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Vivofit Challenge is Fun

Last week was such a great week. I was competing in a 100 K step's challenge. I had the goal to brake my most steps in week personnel record. Which I did! 
 I end up finishing first in the challenge, but really there was no competition, from the first day, I was so much ahead that the closest person to me couldn't even see my dust.
Fast forward to this week... My intention was to take it easy, my goal was to do 15,000 steps per day for a grand total of 105,000 steps for the week. I know so lazy right? haha
BUT, when you do good and your step count increase, you get in more advanced challenge. So I was moved to the 125 K challenge. Darn those people are CRAZY-er! (just my personnel observation)
Within the first 2 hours, I was number one (no one else had synch their vivofit). But it didn't last, few more hours later; I had slipped to 6th.
For me those challenge really work, for instance because everyone was doing so good, Tuesday I walked 22,000 steps instead of the 15,000 I had planned. And that was not even enough to keep me on the podium. It just kept me within range!
This morning, I'm back to 6th, but I'm having fun. How so you might be wondering... I go the extra mile (literally and figuratively).
One thing I think is strange is that no one comment on those challenges. It's call Garmin Connect, but no one else is saying anything. I always write comments, I'm not sure if it help motivate or torment them but, hey, I'm having fun!
 

9 comments:

  1. "...couldn't even see my dust."

    That's a pretty good line. Congrats on all your work. And thanks again. Tim is enjoying his VivoFit 2. Love that it's waterproof and no charging the battery. Comfortable too, he's a happy camper. And he also enjoys the sleep part. That's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Tim wants he can connect to my Vivofit, I'm marcric60 or if he can't find how, just let me know his userid. However once connect I might just kept pushing him so much, like a drill sergeant, and you might just see him between workout LOL Welcome Tim to it's-no-more-your-life-step-out-NOW.

      Delete
    2. He is Gothridge but I don't know if he signed up for the social stuff or not? He did get a badge last night, I think two. And after supper he hit the pavement for a nice walk.

      Delete
  2. Nice walkin', there Richard! Congrats on the big win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel but it was hot... in the upper 80s (well I guess for some it would be winter weather LOL)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, this would be something I'd have a lot of fun doing, but I don't have a tracker. I may have to look into one so I can start doing these kinds of challenges!

    Just found your blog and I'm now following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sara, always a great surprise to have more coaches :-)

      A few days ago I wrote a post about my tracker (http://marcric60health.blogspot.ca/2015/07/question-from-ivy.html), I highly recommended to get one, it has help me to achieve a lot more and I do have a lot of fun in the process (maybe I don't need much to amuse myself haha). And for the benefits, I don't think it's too expensive.

      Delete
    2. Hey Guys, If I could add, the fitbit needs recharged every four or seven days, I've read both, but the one that Richard is talking about, then vivofit 2, has a year-long battery, and is cheap to get a new battery after the 12 months is up.

      Hubby is enjoying his, the sleep monitor being one of his favorite features, and the band is comfortable.

      Thanks again, Richard for your time.

      Delete
  4. The fact that you're ending up in the top 10 is pretty darn good. That is something to be extremely proud of! We go walking just about every night after supper but I don't think we're a match for you! I'm considering beginning a daily morning walk with camera in hand. I think I'd really enjoy that and it would be a nice way to keep fit. You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete