Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Bing Bang Crack


Did you hear that? It was the sound of one of my personnel record being broken.
Previously, Apr 27 was my most “Steps in a Day's” record. On that nice and sunny day, I went out and walk 26,464 steps.
Records are nice but they have to be beat once in a while, yesterday, in a perfect day, with my MP3 playing tune in my head, I broke that record and step 28,009 times!
Just to give you an idea of what is involved, it takes me an hour to walk 7,500 steps. So I was out walking for about 3 hours and 45 minutes. Now I didn't walk that long in one shot, I stopped for a few pit stops and to recharge my MP3. The distance was 20 KM (12.4 miles), it's almost half a marathon!
I want to walk over 2 more personal record in the next 8 days:
Most Steps in a Week which is 150,890 steps (Apr 27 - May 3, 2015). I already have walks 91,226 steps this week so for the next 3 days, I have to walk an average of 19,888 steps (I'll round it up to 20,000 just to have a little cushion.
Most Steps in a Month which is 489,907 steps (Apr 2015). Currently for July, I am at 384,857 steps. There is 8 days left so if I maintains 13,132 steps per day, I'll have crush that record too.
Why put myself through that? I don't have a logical answer but man kind walk on the moon, climb Everest, run marathons just because they could.

10 comments:

  1. What a fantastic record breaking event. Good on ya', Richard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do they say... One small step for man kind, and all that other motivation thingy!

      Delete
    2. It's exciting to hit goals.

      Here's to many more.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that's a lot of steps! Congrats!

    -WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept looking back to see if you are following in your father foot steps LOL

      Delete
  3. Wow Wow WOW! That IS a lot of steps. I think my record is about half that so far. It does feel good to break personal records from time to time, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy, I just go down hill, with the wind on my back!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is spectacular! Way to go. You should be very proud. I love to walk but I don't think I've ever walked that long at one time. I'll take this as a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Done ... absolutely brilliant, and love the picture you've used too!.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete