After spending countless hours looking at picture of food, salivating all over my monitor in the search of a recipe to try, I found this Orange Cranberry Loaf from: “She bakes here”
The original recipe calls for 3/4 Cup of sugar that I replaced with 1/2 Cup of Trevia.
The next time I bake this loaf, I won't bother with the orange zest. I didn't find it added to the taste and there is plenty of Orange juice.
I will also try the same recipe using raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, what-ever-berries I have and maybe push the envelope further and add a bit of unsweetened chocolate.
When the loaf got out of the oven, I invited our neighbors for testing purposes. I have rarely seen them move this fast ha ha ha. All of us enjoyed it but then again who would not enjoy a warm loaf just out of the oven?
So in my recipe book, this was a success!
Orange Cranberry Loaf
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
· 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 cup of Trevia
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 egg
· 1/4 cup vegetable oil
· 3/4 cup pure orange juice
· 2 tsp orange zest
· 2 cups frozen cranberries
1. Preheat your oven to 375*F. Spray your loaf pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour (if using), baking powder, sea salt, trevia and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg and add oil, pure orange juice and orange zest.
4. Create a well in the dry ingredients bowl and pour in the wet ingredients mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir together until no flour is visible. Gently fold in frozen cranberries.
5. Spoon the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove pan from the oven and let cool on a wired rack. Seriously, I don't think this step will EVER happen!
In my search I can't tell you how many times I came across brownies recipes. This seems to be everyone’s passion.
I bought some Chia seeds and Quinoa. This is new to us, so I'll see what I can do with those 2 new ingredients next week. If you’re using them and have a good recipe, please let me know, I would love to give it a try.Have a great weekend.