Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

What I love about walking?

Everything!
It's available to every one; You don't need to be in the shape of athletes that are training for the Olympics.
You can be overweight, underweight, obese, thinese, tall, small, men, women, elders, not so elders, almost everyone, all you have to do is get off the couch, move one foot forward, then the next one and repeat as long as you can. I found it easier to do with a mantra, so if you see my lips moving I might be repeating: “Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right...”
You can practice your activity almost every where. Tomorrow I'll post about some suggestions.
You don't need to spend a fortune in equipment. But I would highly recommended getting a good pair of comfortable running shoes. I buy a lot of stuff at Walmart but not that. As a bonus, you can get an activity tracker (I don't walk without mine) and a MP3 player for the time when you get sick of repeating your mantra.
Neither Rain, Nor Snow, Nor Sleet, Nor Hail Shall Keep you from enjoying walking.
Talking about walking, look at last week winner of the Vivofit challenge and the runner up.
I can't even imagine myself ever going over 160,000. The winner 201,978 steps and the second one 161,715. Those are very serious people. But really how does a human do that in a week? Yes I end up seventh, there was 10 persons in this challenge so I won't brag much LOL 

17 comments:

  1. I love to walk, too! Other than a heavy rainstorm and/or lightning, I've walked through all sorts of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking is now my only source of exercise and I love it :) I need to get a tracker so I can start keeping tabs of how many steps I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara I can't put a comment on your blog :( I'll try to find a way

      Delete
  3. I was doing left, left, left, right. But now I see, it's right, left, right, left. I'm gonna go write that down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO NO NO NO It's left, right, left, right.

      Delete
    2. I wondered why I fell over. Now I've got it.

      Delete
  4. I wonder if those other walkers have jobs that keep them moving all day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, the one that finish first said that he will: "be going to count calories next week and let the steps slide"
      The second place is retired.

      Delete
  5. I love walking, as well. I've been doing it regularly since I was a toddler. My father took me on my first very long walk when I was only two years old. My mom shared that memory with me after he died and it's been a favourite ever since. I even wrote a post about it here: The Love Of Walking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Germany they have Volksmarch on weekend. It can be 5, 10 or 20 KM and you can see whole family hitting the trails.

      Delete
  6. How crap Richard. No wonder you had me and you connect, so you can feel better about your numbers. But 201k steps, wow wow wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim I don't see your step for today, I'm worried, is it the video that cut off your legs? hahaha

      You are right, I do feel better, thank you :-)

      Delete
    2. PS: Did you see him naked also? I was shocked you didn't have a smartass Comment about the nude cartoon. Shocked I say. Shocked.

      Delete
  7. Where DO you get your running shoes? My best hiking pair is still ok, but my regular pair has holes...I've burned through so many running shoes!

    -WWE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love walking ... and you get to see so much more.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete