Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Did you Hear This?

It was the sound of more personal records being broken!
Last week goal was a reasonable crazy average of 20,000 steps a day. How did I do?
Monday 21,998
Tuesday 15,636
Wednesday 21,247
Thursday 24,051
Friday 15,468
So after 5 days my average was at 19,680 steps. Then I'm not sure what happen but all hell broke lose...
Saturday 30,731
Sunday 28,016
So Saturday was my most steps in a day and my total for the week 157,147 steps became also my new best week.
My previous records were done in July, at the time I though that I would try that again in January, NOT THE NEXT FREAKING MONTH!
Sunday was really hot, I usually go out early but since I walked about 2 hours, I come back home around 11 AM. I walk fast, at one point a lady from our park passed me, she was doing speed walking.
I observed her and analyzed her steps. I didn't like what I was seeing, it was just not natural, but she was getting away from me fast so what if it was not natural I kept thinking. Then a curve came up and I lost sight of her.
I decided to see how fast I could catch her by jogging. It was not a pursuit, I'm sure she didn't even notice from far behind her the man jogging but she became my goal.
Then we crossed path again, she had turn back. I was not done yet so I continue forward. Half time jogging, the other walking.
It felt so good, I can see my legs are in top shape. I was walking only because I didn't want to over do it, but I could have run a lot more. I was not even out of breath!
When I arrived home, I had sweat buckets. Just for fun, I stepped on the scale, 2 lbs down from before my workout... I know it was mostly water but still, it's a good indication that I have been doing great.
I had accumulate over 20,000 steps and knew that if I want to brake my most steps in a week record, I need another 7,000.
In the evening, supper was at a restaurant, I left the restaurant and walked back home... to my new record. At this point, the only thing left to do for me is to crash the most step in a month record. 
 

9 comments:

  1. You're on a roll! Before you know it, you'll have circled the planet a few times with all these steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! So many steps!!!

    -WWE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! Even on days I run, I'm barely over 10k. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! Great walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is good walking Richard ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all's well Richard ?
    Thinking of you and sending good wishes ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete