Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

FIRE in the hole!

I’d like to clarify something about yesterday’s post. May 1st, I stopped taking my cholesterol pill. Because of our new and improved life style, I didn't think I needed it. So when I met with my doctor in May, where he was not impressed about my decision, he told me to get a blood test in June. This is why I got one done, nothing alarming just checking the cholesterol level. I won't see my doctor before July 22nd so I won't get the results quickly.
The clinic is in town so we spent a night at our daughter’s house. It's a good thing because we watch survivor with her and were about 5 shows behind. We watched 4 so now the only one left is the finally, please NO spoilers, we will watch it the next time we go see her.
Yesterday when we returned home, the weather was nice, warm and sunny. We decided to burn some logs in our fire pit. We invited our friends and neighbors and ended up 11 people sitting around the fire pit sharing stories, laughing while having a glass of wine.
In the previous years, we would all bring a couple of bottles of wine. This year, our friends being aware of our new life style, came with their glasses. And no one left to get refills. We had a lot of fun without anyone being drunk, who knew this was possible?
Earlier in the day, I read a post from a lady in her seventies. She was talking about the death of a friend. And she mentioned she was now at an age when you have to say a lot of goodbyes.
Around the fire, our friends also mentioned going to funeral more and more often, one couple lost nine friends in the past year alone...
I guess we don't think much about death before retirement, we assume we will live forever, but as you age, it becomes clearer; there is an end game, we are all going to go at some point. Lets make the best of our time NOW, lets keep getting healthier every day, it will keep our clock finely tuned, it will mean a better quality of life to enjoy for many more years. We deserve it!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time. You really deserve a lot of relaxation!!!

    -WWE

    ReplyDelete
  2. "lets keep getting healthier every day, it will keep our clock finely tuned, it will mean a better quality of life to enjoy for many more years. We deserve it! "

    ABSOLUTELY

    Have a great weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Life zips right by and we should enjoy every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete