Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Stepping Up and Jumping Down


The following picture has NOT been modified in any way by any one. 





I jumped the 200 pounds mark and joined the one hundred pounder group, holy Molly! There is no turning back, I’m going down. I don’t have a parachute so how much damage will be inflicted? I’ll know once I’m on firm ground.

As I said nothing has been modified in the picture. I have been keeping watch on that jump to get below 200 for a few days now. I think the scale was teasing me, for two days in a row it was showing 200.0. For those 2 days, I was only wearing a smile when I stepped on the scale even waited for nature to take its course before weighing in. After the second day I was thinking about shaving my legs in order to tip the scale in my favor.

My goal is to lose 65 pounds in a year. I will accomplish this in 5 steps.


Step 1 – Lose 20 pounds

This will bring my weight to 195 pounds. This is the steps where you learn to say “NO” to friends, family, stranger and yourself. No cake, No chips, No wine, Yes to water (nobody likes negative people). It’s the learning step. Weight at the end: 195 pounds


Step 2 – Lose 15 pounds

That step will change my label from obese to overweight. Can’t wait to proudly tell everyone, “I’m Overweight!” Weight at the end: 180 pounds


Step 3 - Repeat Step 2

This is when your mind is working its hardest at tripping you… “No Richard you are feeling great you don’t need to go further”. The easiest way of dealing with that: “Shut up mind, you don’t know what you are talking about.” Weight at the end: 165 pounds


Step 4 – Lose last 15 pounds

I didn’t put any time frame on any of those steps, but this one will take the longest. It will change my label from overweight to normal. This is the weight I was in my late teen and early twenties, too bad I threw away all my clothes from then. Weight at the end: 150 pounds


Step 5 – Maintain

Just thought I’d mentioned it here to remind myself about it. This is when I’ll see if I really changed my lifestyle or if I just dieted and I’m slipping back. I’ll have more to say about this as I get closer to this step.

My goal is to achieve all this in a year but I’m realistic and if after 6 months I see it’s not feasible in my allotted time or if I have already reached my goal, I’ll adjust but I WILL NOT QUIT.

Are you stepping up and jumping down?

20 comments:

  1. Way to go! We are all rooting for you. And I think that once you make lifestyle changes, you'll be able to maintain them. Lifestyle changes are not the same as diets. Diets are depriving yourself of many foods. When you make changes, you modify what you're eating. You know how to read nutrition labels and ingredient lists, you make healthier choices and you alter recipes to eliminate unnecessary fat and calories while still maintaining flavour. It becomes second nature as time goes on. I've been doing this for many years now and I can even out without hesitation because I know how to select healthier choices on menus. Like you, I learned along the way and I'm glad I took the time to do so. You can and you will do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha, I can hear load and clear all the root-her :))

      I remembered about a Richard younger and not as wise who diet several time. His goal was to reach a certain weight so that he could go back to enjoying his favorite food (everyone knows that when you are thin, you can eat anything). He might be buried in my backyard, haven't seen him for a while. Most of my life I was in his shadow.

      The new and improve Richard is listening and learning new way of living, as you say doing a lifestyle change, he is so excited he can barely touch the ground - End of third person talking.

      Delete
  2. Great job! Well deserved! Wear that pride!
    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I'm proud and I'm so grateful for all the comments. :)

      Delete
  3. I am proud of you Richard. With the determination in you, I am sure you will achieve your goal of loosing 65 pounds.

    Nice day today I will got out with my dogs to take some fresh air.

    It feels so good to see the snow melt.

    Take care,

    Choco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Choco, I am determine and so focus, maybe that's why I'm waking up so early, I'm just too excited to see what the next day bring!

      I hope you went outside. In your condition, you should take it really easy but a nice slow walk can only do you good (and your dogs).

      Delete
  4. Congrats, Richard.

    PS: You're a funny writer. Can't wait to tell people I'm overweight.

    Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks THW

      It's going to be much easier to tell people I'm overweight than telling them I'm normal... that bridge has been burn a long time ago. LOL

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha.

      Not sure if you know but my name is Ivy. It's not on my blog, it once was but got bumped off for bakes.

      Delete
  5. Awesome work! I recently got excited when I went from seriously obese to just normal obese. Overweight is next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurry-up Natalie, there is plenty of room in the overweight group! LOL

      Delete
  6. So pleased for you Richard, great stuff.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrong choice of word Jan, this is what I don't do anymore... stuff-ing ha ha ha

      Sorry It seem I can't help myself this morning, my humor is in full speed ahead, but thank you :)

      Delete
  7. En dessous de 200!!!!! Bravo pawpaw! :) :) :) :)

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "200" bite the dust! Thanks WWE, your mother is even doing better, but I will not report her numbers here, you know, she can be violent at time ha ha ha

      Delete
  8. Congratulations!
    New to ur blog; this post put a smile on my face :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thanks TK

      Smiles are free and contagious. Getting healthy is serious business but there is no law requiring to not enjoy our self at the same time, right?

      Delete