Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Not the energizer bunny



Sunday is Easter. I decided to participate in the chocolate orgy. I know yesterday I was all about NOT cheating; today I’m getting ready to just do that on Sunday, or am I?

My problem is with moderation. So now I want to take a baby step in the right direction. I have done some soul searching and came up with a way to manage and keep myself under control.

To start with, I bought a very small chocolate bunny, about 140 g. In the past, this would have been about the size of an Easter chocolate entrée until we got to the real chocolate… this year that’s it! Once it’s gone, it’s gone.

I also looked at the nutrition value, I didn’t even know they put that on the box (maybe I never looked for it too, what you don’t know can’t hurt you, right?).

It shows that this tiny bunny is considered a 4 portions size chocolate treat and that one portion is 180 Calories.

So using an out of proportion knife and my food scale, I cut the bunny in 4 portions. I kept the biggest portion (43 g.) for Easter (hey, I’ll be celebrating).  

Christiane here: I tried to give the bunny mouth to mouth resuscitation but Richard wouldn’t let me.

I divided the portions in separate baggies, and labeled one for Easter, one for Wednesday, the next Sunday and the next Wednesday.

So in the next 2 weeks, I will have eaten about 800 Calories from my chocolate bunny. Not too bad but mostly it will greatly help me learn more about moderation which is really my ultimate goal once I achieve my weight goal.

To me, it’s not cheating, I’m controlling myself and I planned for it. If after Sunday, I see it’s a problem, there is no dilemma; I’ll just discard the remaining bags.




One rabbit might have been hurt while writing this post


Look at that 21 g. of sugar for a portion of 35 G., who would have guess chocolate had sugar?


It would have been easier to do it with a chainsaw!


I hope I don’t lose my head too


Let the celebration begin

16 comments:

  1. Au moins tu aurais du acheter un Lindt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christiane disait se matin que finallement elle, elle aurait préféré se prendre une cueillère à table de Nutella.

      Delete
  2. That poor bunny!!!!!!! :D

    I bought chocolate yesterday... for my boyfriend. It's mostly not the kind I like, so it should actually make its way to the right destination!

    -WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bunny were consume during the preparation of this post... however one fell apart!

      sorry WWE I should have warn you first not to come to the blog today :)

      Delete
  3. HAHAHAHAHHEHEHAHHAHAHHEHEHAHAHAHAHAAA. That poor bunny!

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry HT, I was doing an autopsy on it... that's all that was going on.

      Delete
  4. BAHAHAHAHAHA! I laughed like a crazy woman at Christiane's comment. I can actually picture such a silly thing with this overactive imagination of mine.

    Great idea about the chocolate. I sometimes do the same. It takes a few times to finish a chocolate bar. And I don't have to feel so bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please Martha don't encourage Chrsitiane, I already have sooooo much problem to keep her out of trouble as it is!

      What surprise me about the Easter chocolate, it was my favorite for years, I'll eat the one I bought but I don't even feel like I want it. I don't thing I had anything sweet for the past 2 months, I should be shaking with anticipation.

      Delete
  5. Glad you found a way that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call my way: "Four body bag and a rabbit" ha ha ha

      Delete
  6. Wow Richard your lovely face looks so much tiner on the picture. The weight lost really shows. Congrats...As for the bunny I think he didn't deserve the treatment you gave him but it's for a good cause with moderation of course.

    I think that soon you will need to go shopping for some new clothing because you look completely lost in your shirt. Any "Value village in your area".

    You could by a few nice peaces of clothing an get rid of some of your overweight clothing.

    Have a great Easter.

    Choco I will not eat.

    *Smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Choco but I think you are overdue to get an exam from your eyes doctors ha ha ha

      I'm not planning to go shopping any time soon, I want to keep my over size shirt so that I don't get pursuit by the ladies out there LOL

      Have a great Easter too Choco-you-will-not-eat

      Delete
  7. Moderation is indeed the key. It is so hard to find and hard to maintain. I think portioning out the chocolate is a great idea. I hope it works for you.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Moderation is something that I am just starting to learn. Yesterday we had home cook taco, I had 2. After supper, I was thinking, I should have taken only one, it would have been enough. Even now, I forget about "moderation" it's going to be a long process.

      Delete
  8. You killed it! You are supposed to nibble down from the tips of the ears, keeping it alive as long as possible...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely disagree... the human thing to do is a quick death!

      Delete